Stay Safe Online and on your Phone
This course helps you stay safe when you are using your phone, Apple iPad, Android Tablet or computer.
This course covers all phone and computer types (including handheld). This course is to help you protect yourself and your computer!
Your main defenses are:
- Protect yourself. Be very suspicious. “Don’t trust anybody!”
- Protect your device to prevent someone installing malicious software, so called malware, ie viruses, trojans etc
Where appropriate, suitable software or Apps will be mentioned.
It is a practical hands-
- On this course you will learn about:
- Scams –
phone and internet
line nasties – malicious attacks, hoax emails
- Apps and Software to keep you safe Secure wireless Internet at home and away
- Choosing secure passwords
- Staying safe – dos and don’ts
- What to do if you think your phone or computer has been infected
- Scams –
Single class of 2 hours, covering things you need to know to stay safe online.
Students should have been on one of our starter courses, or be confident with the Internet and be able to use Microsoft Windows, an Apple iPad or Android tablet.
Please bring your Apple iPad or Android tablet or Windows laptop. You may also bring your iPhone or Android smart phone.
There will be laptops you can use if you cannot bring a computer of your own, but please let us know so that we can have one for you.
When and Where?If you are unsure of the suitability of one of our courses or simply wish to find out more you can visit one of our drop in centres to discuss a course or visit our courses timetable page or our course planner page to see where and when the courses are being held.
Book a course now