You will learn how to create a range of different types of publication that can be used both at work and for clubs, charities, training and similar purposes. You can print the publication yourself or you can send it to a professional printer.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to all the commonly used features of Publisher. By the end of the course you should be able to produce attractive, professional publications that will impress your readership and hold their attention.
- On this course you will:
- Learn about the kinds of object – text, pictures and shapes – that can be included in a publication;
- Learn about how to lay out a page;
- Create examples of different types of publication, such as booklets, newsletters and leaflets
(either A4 or A5), tri-fold leaflets and posters.
A workbook is provided containing exercises to give hands-
Four weeks x2 hours
- Lesson 1: Introduction and AdminStarting a new publication
- Inserting and moving pictures
- Inserting and formatting text
- Fitting text into a text box
- Designing an A4 newsletter
- Lesson 2: Newsletters with multiple pages and Designing Posters
- Adding and viewing pages
- Moving between pages
- Changing the order of the pages
- Deleting pages, pictures and text
- Designing a poster
- Layering pictures over one another
- Inserting text over pictures
- Lesson 3: Designing a Tri-fold leaflet (one-third of A4)
- Publisher templates
- Lesson 4: Designing an A5 booklet
- Setting up an A5 publication
- Master pages
- Headers and footers
- Formatting text boxes
- Columns of text
- Design checker
Note: There will be homework as you need to have a go at skills learnt in order to progress!
You should have attended the Word course or have a basic working knowledge of word-
When and Where?If you are unsure of the suitability of one of our courses or simply wish to find out more you can visit one of our drop in centres to discuss a course or visit our courses timetable page or our course planner page to see where and when the courses are being held.
Book a course now