Getting more from Windows
This course is for people who already have some experience of Windows computers, or who have already attended our Starting off with Windows course, and who would like to increase their competence in writing documents, accessing the Internet and using email. We aim to keep jargon to a minimum and make the process as enjoyable as possible.
The purpose of this course is to extend your competence of the Windows Operating System.
You will learn how to:
- Edit and format text to enable you to write a simple letter and emails
- Create your own course completion certificate
- Use the Internet and deal with threats and security
A workbook is provided containing exercises to give hands-on experience and general information. This is yours to keep.
You should already have some experience of using a Windows computer and/or have attended our Starting off with Windows course.
Five weeks x2 hours
- Lesson 1 Formatting and editing text
- Formatting text
- Moving and copying text
- Editing – Cut, copy and paste
- Lesson 2 Creating documents and Printing
- Further formatting of text
- Writing a simple letter
- Creating a course certificate
- Print the course certificate
- Lesson 3 Using the Internet
- Identifying your browser
- Getting more from your browser
- Getting information from the Internet and saving it for future reference
- Special Web Searches
- Lesson 4 Threats and Security
- Online forms – Register an account
- Media – TV, Radio, Film, Music
- Lesson 5 e-mail and attachments
- How e-mail works
- e-mail addresses
- Address book/contacts list
- Junk mail and phishing/scams
When and Where?If you are unsure of the suitability of one of our courses or simply wish to find out more you can visit one of our drop in centres to discuss a course or visit our courses timetable page or our course planner page to see where and when the courses are being held.
Book a course now