There are many reasons why people volunteer with us. Some people volunteer to meet new people and others to gain experience. Whatever your reason, we’re very grateful for your help.
Volunteering can help you:
- Learn or develop your skills
- Gain valuable work experience
- Make new friends and have fun
- Build your confidence.
Your volunteering helps us to:
- Build the confidence of newcomers to computing
- Deliver varied computer training courses
- Deliver courses in different venues
- Spread the word about our work
- Increase our flexibility
- Support our drop-in sessions
How can you help?
Computer Friendly always needs new volunteers, with a range of skills, with a knowledge of computers or without, as there are many ways you could help.
- Deliver training courses or help students Publicity and marketing
- Use social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- General office support including database management and assisting with telephone duties, course enquirers and bookings
- Help our team delivering training and help to Visually Impaired people
Skills we are currently looking for
Here are some of the skills we are currently looking for:
- Helping and Teaching for iPad courses
- Helping and Teaching with Android courses
- Organising our events such as Taster Sessions (little technical knowledge needed)
- Helping and Teaching with MS Office courses
- Helping with our Windows and Internet beginner courses
Please get in touch
If you have some knowledge of Windows PCs, iPads, Androids (or other operating systems) and would like to help for a few hours a week, either complete the volunteer form below and click submit or download the Word or pdf version of the form and send it to us at the address or email included in the form.
You can email us your application at email@example.com or give us a call to talk about it at 01727 617359
We will help train volunteers who are interested to gain a variety of IT or admin skills.
We would love your help!
Contact us today to see what you can do for us and what we can do for you