There are many reasons why people volunteer with us. Some people volunteer to meet new people and others to gain experience. Whatever your reason, we’re very grateful for your help.
Volunteering can help you:
- Learn or develop your skills
- Gain valuable work experience
- Make new friends and have fun
- Build your confidence.
Your volunteering helps us to:
- Build the confidence of newcomers to computing
- Deliver varied computer training courses
- Deliver courses in different venues
- Spread the word about our work
- Increase our flexibility
- Support our drop-in sessions
How can you help?
Computer Friendly always needs new volunteers, with a range of skills, with a knowledge of computers or without, as there are many ways you could help.
- Deliver training courses or help students Publicity and marketing
- Use social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- General office support including database management and assisting with telephone duties, course enquirers and bookings
- Help our team delivering training and help to Visually Impaired people
Skills we are currently looking for
Here are some of the skills we are currently looking for:
- Helping and Teaching for iPad courses
- Helping and Teaching with Android courses
- Organising our events such as Taster Sessions (little technical knowledge needed)
- Helping and Teaching with MS Office courses
- Helping with our Windows and Internet beginner courses
Please get in touch
If you have some knowledge of Windows PCs, iPads, Androids (or other operating systems) and would like to help for a few hours a week, please click on New Volunteer – Initial Enquiry and complete the form online; we will then make personal contact.
Alternatively, if you’d like more information please give us a call on 01727 617359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will help train volunteers who are interested to gain a variety of IT or admin skills.
Contact us today to see what you can do for us and what we can do for you.
We would love your help!