You will learn how to create and deliver a range of PowerPoint presentations that can be used both at work and for clubs, charities, training and similar purposes.
Please note that this is not a presentation skills course.
The purpose of this course is to introduce you to all the commonly used features of PowerPoint. By the end of the course you should be able to produce attractive, professional presentations that will impress an audience and hold their attention.
- On this course you will:
- Learn about the features in PowerPoint that enable you to create a presentation;
- Learn about the features that enable you to deliver a presentation (slide show);
- Receive tips and suggestions on effective design and delivery;
- Work through examples of useful types of presentation;
- Have the opportunity to present a slide show (optional).
A workbook is provided containing exercises to give hands-
Six weeks x2 hours.
There will be 6 lessons and they are decribed in more depth below:
- Lesson 1: Introduction and Admin
- Beginning a new presentation
- Adding and working with slides
- Formatting text
- Previewing a presentation
- Lesson 2: Look and feel of a presentation – applying a theme
- Inserting pictures, Editing pictures
- Changing the order of the slides
- Navigating through the slides while presenting a slide show
- Lesson 3: Designing your own slides
- Incorporating logos and branding
- Creating a template
- Transitions from one slide to another during a slide show
- Lesson 4: Inserting tables on a slide, importing tables and charts from Excel
- Inserting hyperlinks on a slide
- Creating hand-
outs for a slide show audience
- Sharing a presentation with other presenters
- Lesson 5: Bulleted v. numbered lists
- Aligning text, Using special letters and symbols
- Inserting WordArt on a slide
- Rehearsing and timing a slide show
- Lesson 6: Slide shows without a presenter
- Looping slide shows
- Inserting SmartArt on a slide
- List of contents
- Inserting shapes and diagrams on a slide
Course TimetableThere are no currently planned dates for this course.
You should have attended the Word course or have a basic working knowledge of word-
When and Where?If you are unsure of the suitability of one of our courses or simply wish to find out more you can visit one of our drop in centres to discuss a course or visit our courses timetable page or our course planner page to see where and when the courses are being held.
Book a course now