Starting off with Apple iPads
This course is for total beginners, showing you how to use the Internet and email with your Apple iPad or iPhone. The basics of Apple iPad functionality will also be covered.
To introduce students to the practicalities of the Internet, as well as how to send and receive email messages. Our aim is to build confidence in using both the Internet and email for those students who have minimal experience with these topics. We will cover some of the Apple iPad’s basic functionality.
A workbook is provided containing exercises to give hands-
- Four weeks x2 hours per session
The topics below are flexible and will be adapted to best suit students’ needs. Course topics covered will include:
- Week 1: Finding your way around the iPad
- The on-
screen keyboard and basic text editing
- Getting connected – what is WiFi anyway?
- Using the Safari browser to visit websites
- The on-
- Week 2: Using a search engine
- How to search the Internet with a search engine (e.g. Google)
- How to use tabs in the browser
- Creating bookmarks of your favourite websites
- All about Siri
- Week 3: Creating contacts in your iPad’s address book
- Sending emails to your contacts
- How to reply/forward and delete emails
- Taking photographs with the iPad’s camera
- Emailing photos
- Week 4: Security advice when using the Internet
- What to look out for in bogus ‘Phishing’ emails
- How to create secure, but memorable passwords
commerce and shopping online
- Bringing it all together, with structured practice exercises
Please bring your Apple iPad or iPhone along with you. No particular level of experience is expected.
When and Where?If you are unsure of the suitability of one of our courses or simply wish to find out more you can visit one of our drop in centres to discuss a course or visit our courses timetable page or our course planner page to see where and when the courses are being held.
Book a course now