What have Computer Friendly done during COVID restrictions?
2020 was a challenging year in so many ways. Computer Friendly had to adapt nearly everything we did to be able to support those who were in need, isolated and vulnerable.
- Helped 93 people over the phone or via email to resolve their device issues.
- Gave away over 65 free Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones.
- Supported Herts Leavers from Care; Herts Refugees; Herts Carers; MIND in Mid Herts people with mental health issues, and some people who have suffered abuse and domestic violence.
- Ran our first few courses/workshop online (via Zoom) on Excel, Word and Zoom, and we have 5 more courses and workshops starting soon.
- Started a trial of a Covid safe Drop-in at the Quaker Meeting House, Harpenden, although we’ve had to pause it due to Lockdown.
- Started work on a new website and a review of our client database system.
- Recycling donated laptops over the summer proved very beneficial to some isolated families and now we have 5 volunteers involved in data cleansing and upgrading old laptops.
The Office of The Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire has complimented us for our efforts, “ You really were and continue to be worthy of the Queens Award for Voluntary Service”.