Find your files and Photos
This course will help you to save files and photos on your computer, organise the files in folders, and just as important, how to find them again.
This course answers a number of questions you may have about what happens to files once you have created and saved them on your computer and, just as important, how you can find them again. By the end of the course you will be able to store or reorganise your files in a way that suits your particular needs, and you will be able to search for any file stored on your computer.
- On this course you will learn:
- How the filing system in Windows works and how you can use it to your greatest advantage
- How best to display move, copy, rename, find and delete files
- How you can apply the same ideas to emails in your inbox
- How to back up your files so that, if anything happens to your computer, you have copies that you can still use
- How to empty the recycle bin and clean up your disk.
A workbook is provided containing exercises to give hands-
Four weeks x 2 hours
There will be four lessons and they are in more depth below:
- Lesson 1: Introduction, Admin and Computer Ergonomics
- Accessing the Windows Filing System
- Choosing the best way to display your files in the Filing System
- Identifying the file you want
- Different ways of opening files
- Lesson 2: Creating, opening and viewing folders
- Moving and copying files between different folders
- Best practice for naming files and folders
- Tagging and rating picture files
- Lesson 3: Creating, opening and viewing sub-folders
- Simple searches for files
- More accurate searches
- Lesson Four: Backing up files – how and when
- Where to back up – from USB flash drives to online or cloud storage
- Removing unwanted files and folders
- Recycle bin
- Cleaning up your disk
- Managing emails
You should have attended the Starting off with Windows course or have a basic knowledge of computers including the mouse and keyboard.
When booking the course, please let us know whether you use:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 or any earlier version of Windows.
When and Where?If you are unsure of the suitability of one of our courses or simply wish to find out more you can visit one of our drop in centres to discuss a course or visit our courses timetable page or our course planner page to see where and when the courses are being held.
Book a course now